I. T. HELP DOCUMENT – Deleting Current/Saved/Deleted Voicemail – CISCO VoIP
- From your phone, press the Messages button OR
- Enter your 4-6 digit pin followed by .
(i.e. - 1234#)
Deleting Current/Saved Voicemail
- A message will play stating that you have XX new messages, message 1…, etc.
- To delete the current message press 3 and continue until you have listened to all new messages. It will then return to the main menu: “You have no new messages, you have XX saved messages, press 3 to review old/deleted messages”.
- Press 3 and you will be given the option to press 1 for saved voicemail or 2 for deleted voicemail.
- Choose option 2 to access the menu for deleted messages
- Choose option 1 to review ALL deleted messages or 2 to delete ALL deleted messages.
- If you are successful, this should be the message: (The Name of Your Phone/Your Name) Hello to send a message press 2, you have no old messages, for Setup Options 4, to list meetings 6, to exit *, for Help 0.
*PLEASE NOTE: If you have Saved Messages, it will tell you the number of saved messages in place of “You have no old messages”.*
The CISCO VoIP phone system is designed to regularly purge previously deleted voicemail messages. In the event you receive a warning that your mailbox is “Almost Full” or “Full”, the steps below guide you through how to manually delete previously deleted voicemail messages.
Deleting Voicemail “Almost Full”
If your voicemail is “Almost Full” a message will play informing you that the “voicemail is ‘Almost Full’”. The message will then further explain that when the voicemail is “Full” you will no longer be able to send or receive messages. Following the message, you are prompted to delete messages by pressing 7(follow the remaining prompts) or you are given the option to press 9 to return to the main menu.
Deleting Voicemail “Full”
If your voicemail is “Full”, a message will play informing you to delete messages. In this case, you will no longer be able to send or receive messages. Following the message, you are prompted to delete messages by pressing 7(follow the remaining prompts) or you are given the option to press 9 to return to the main menu.